Saturday, May 16, 2009

Carnival and Circus

In April we got to spend a couple weeks with Aunt Kim. She is so fun and makes us laugh! Cousin Taryn stayed a couple nights when Kim was here. She was going home to South Africa after being a nanny in Atlanta for almost two years. I am so very very happy that we were able to spend time with Taryn and get to know her while she was here. It was hard taking her to the airport not knowing when we'll see her again. Same with Kim! I miss them both!! They are just gorgeous and ridiculously fun!

Sorry girls - these were the only pictures I took of you. I'm terrible and should have taken more. Gotta love the face kim!


While they were with us we decided last minute to go to the circus one night. We were quite surprised how fun it was.


Suckers, Cotton candy, funnel cake - just some of the yummy stuff Kalin and Jonas got to eat. We also tried some boiled peanuts for the first time. Its a southern thing and Ive heard that they are so scrumptious! Beth bought them for us and unfortunately I did not like them. Beth with Jonas below

Kalin and Mommy!

After we left the circus we decided to let the kids try a ride. They had to go by themselves and Beth and I were freakin out! Well, not quite to that extent, I exaggerate just a little. We were real nervous and thought they for sure would be screaming to get out. To our surprise and delight they were thrilled and laughing! Oh, how fun it was to watch my child just so content and happy. I could have stayed there all night long!!!


2 comments:

Kari said...

How fun! I miss you guys and wish we could do stuff like that together. Someday...

Love you!

Marilyn said...

Thanks for sharing such cute pictures of all of you. I'm glad you are able to go and do such fun things with the kids. Love Mom