Saturday, May 16, 2009

Atlanta Zoo

When Kim was here we all went to the zoo. Kalin seemed to have a great time seeing all of the animals. She said that her favorite was the giraffe.


Doesn't she make a cute Lion?
Playing "see if you can catch me" at the zoo with Porter! We only let him out of the stroller a couple times because he just takes off running like a wild child!


The petting zoo was great! The animals just laid there and didn't even move when you touched them. So tame! Maybe drugged? Kalin loved brushing the hair.
Cheers to the PANDA!

I thought I'd grown out of the panda stage, but when I turned the corner and the pandas were in sight my heart jumped out of my chest and I felt perhaps a little giddy! :) Oh, I still love the panda bear! It is a beautiful creature with gentle playfulness which to me creates a childlike charm.

Just a little panda humor by Donna Word Chapell:

A big old pudgy panda bear walked into McDonald's one day.
Ordered a Big Mac, fries and a Coke, and ate it all right away.

He paid his bill at the counter, then with a great big grin
He pulled out a big water pistol and shot the cashier in the chin.
He sauntered out to the sidewalk; the cashier followed him there.
Drying his face he said, "Why'd you do that? It wasn't really fair."
"In the encyclopedia, friend, the answer can be found."
The panda said, and then he left, saying, "Well, I'll see ya around."

The cashier looked it up that night. What he saw he couldn't believe.
The encyclopedia said, "Panda -- eats shoots and leaves."


5 comments:

Hayley said...

What a fun Zoo time! It's great to see your cute family. You look well and I can't believe how grown Kalin looks and Porter, what a cutie. I'm glad Ryan added you on our friend list so we can keep tabs.

Jill Stones said...

Cute pictures, but they make me miss you:( You all look great. If it makes you feel better I am like a little kid at the zoo too, I usually like the monkeys! miss you

Kari said...

Kyli, I am so proud of you! You have made two posts in one week! I LOVE IT!! You are such a cute mom with the most adorable kids! I wish we had pandas at our zoo, lucky! I love you! Give the kids a kiss for me!

Lisa said...

You making up for lost time on the bloggin world? It is nice to see some new posts.. The kids are getting so big. They are so cute. Miss you guys!!

Marilyn said...

Kyli I'm glad you were able to see the panda's. Alan said how excited you were. It reminds me of the really nice painting you did of a panda. You need to find some time to paint some more...Love, Mom