Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fun 4th of July!

Alan was in Boston this year for the 4th.  He went there for a leadership training for work and was gone the entire month.  I had been feeling pretty sick with morning sickness and all, but knew that we needed to plan something to do that day.  We have lived in Georgia for almost 5 years and had not been to a parade, so I knew that was going to be the plan.  Marietta was the closest parade I could find and we met our friends Cami Cannon and Ali Mendenhall.  The Mendenhalls also brought some friends and I went to high school with one of the guys.  His name is Paul Pratt who is a couple years younger, but his older brother Trent was in the same year.  I luckily picked one of the only spots with shade - it was pretty hot out but with the shade it was perfect!

 
 
 

After the parade we went to the carnival and played a bit!
"Everybody's doing it"!  It really was so hot the kids couldn't help themselves in following the crowd to put their feet in the fountain.
 
 
Kalin was so excited to see Belle and Snow White!  Who needs Disney World now??
Train ride

I felt pretty sick that night and wasn't up for lighting fireworks, so we did them the next day!  I just thought their faces looked so mesmerized!!


1 comments:

Marilyn said...

Love the pictures, they turned out great. Love, Grandma