Thursday, January 13, 2011

SNOW DAY! I mean week!

Last Monday we woke up to about 4 or 5 inches of snow. That's a big deal for Georgia! With that snow came no work for Alan until Thursday and no school for Kalin until Thursday. What a life! The roads were really iced over because of freezing temps and unlike Utah, Georgia just doesn't have equipment or the manpower to clear the roads or make them safe. Public school and many businesses (like the doctors office) were closed all week!
Kalin, done with making a snow Angel! You had to pack the ice on top of the snow first or you couldn't move your arms or legs. Oh, and I'm a little embarrased about the taped gloves. I just knew their little cotton gloves would get soaked as soon as they touched the snow and this was the only thing I could think of to keep their hands from freezing! I guess we should go buy some real snow gloves so we're a little more prepared next time!
We sled down our driveway with the bottom of our baby saucer. People were using cardboard boxes, baskets, and I even heard of someone using a canoe! And downtown Atlanta there was someone skating on the road, doing spins and all. What a fun snow week!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How lucky that you had a saucer. A friend was telling me that someone in Atlanta got a truck load of saucers a couple of days before the storm hit and cars were lined down the street to buy them!
I thought Kalin was going to North Cobb, do you have her somewhere else?

Lisa said...

Looks like fun!! I think that the snow has missed us and come to you. We have had some, but I think it has been a light winter. We didn't even have snow on Christmas :( The kids look so cute!! Miss you all!

Marilyn said...

Cute pictures! I am sure Alan has missed shoveling snow....What a fun wreath Kyli. Sorry you were sick at Christmas. Love, Mom