Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Oh, Ellie!

Our dog is now 6 months! It seems to have gone by really fast and the worst of it is over. Thank you, thank you, thank you Ellie for growing up and for going potty OUTSIDE (at least most of the time anyway)! Ellie is a lot of fun. She has given us something to look forward to when we wake up in the morning and when we come home from being out. Yes, it may feel like a burden at times, but she is worth it. She is part of the family now - no getting rid of her! Ellie will sit when told (if she isn't too distracted), stay at least a short while, shake, and "leave it". She isn't perfect at any one of these, but she (WE) are trying!




Ellie, letting me know she needs a drink of water.



It's pretty cute how Ellie will jump up on Porters back, until you realize what she is doing... What?! I thought only males did that! Alan told me she does it because she wants to dominate or be in charge of Porter. This makes it a bit difficult because Ellie has a hard time responding to the kids when they want to train her. To her they are other puppies and she just wants to bite and play.


And I thought my kids were messy! I don't think Ellies face ever leaves the ground! She loves to dig her face in the dirt, grass, mud, anything she can get her little nose into. What a JOY she is!!!



This is a clean Ellie! She gets so fluffy and soft, I almost want to give her a bath every day!




It all started with a picture of Alan and I....Next, the kids wanted to join and then Ellie...But being a part of the picture wasn't enough, Ellie just couldn't resist walking on top of everyone to give kisses, even in my mouth! Ellie and me posing for Kalin to take a picture.

0 comments: