Thursday, October 29, 2009

Charleston SC without the kiddos!

In September Alans parents (mom and dad) came for a visit. They stayed with the kids while Alan and I went to Charleston for 2 whole nights! Yipee!!! It was beautiful there and we lucked out with sunshine while our sweeet GA home was being flooded with rain!




We took a ferry to an the island of Fort Sumter National Monument. This is where the first fire began the civil war. (Just some cool info!) We took another "water taxi", as they call them, over to the aircraft carrier . We also toured a 1970's submarine. I cannot believe how tight the submarine was. I dont think I could last a month being stuck on one of those things! We really enjoyed touring the museums, especially the one on the aircraft carrier, the Medal of Honor Museum. It was really touching to read what soldiers and other men serving have done for our country and their fellow men. We saw some different wild life while on our trip. I was lucky to be able to watch a couple pelicans waking up from a nap, stretch, clean themselves and then fly away. They are beautiful birds and a bit sentimental to me because my mom really loved to watch the pelicans in the water by the Great Salt Lake. So really they just remind me of her and her love for nature and wildlife. We saw many dolphin, and I was a little snap happy when I saw a whole bunch of crabs in the marsh by our hotel. Alan of course had to poke fun at the joy it was bringing me! We just don't see these where we are or in Utah, there were so many different kind, they moved with such speed and grace that I was a little mystified I guess!
















0 comments: