Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our home in Georgia




This is our home along with a picture across the street and our back yard. Georgia is a beautiful state. I've mentioned before that there are a lot of trees here. It's rare to see a home that isn't surrounded by trees or forest. That is a fun change we get to experience. Our house is a new home in an older neighborhood, so some are unhappy that their forest was torn down for our home! We see many little creatures such as: Rabbits (who like to use our yard as their liter box), lizards, squirrels, birds (crows (they are like seagulls in Utah), cardinals, blue jays, and many more), and we have carpenter bees (these look like bumble bees, but they are pests who like to intimidate you by hovering right in front of your face!). There are many others I'm sure we have yet to see.

5 comments:

Kari said...

I am so jealous. First of all you have a new beautiful home. Second, you have a fun backyard. Third, you live in Georgia...and the list could go on!! Love ya!

Cami said...

Your home is beautiful! I know what you mean when you move to a state that has trees!! It's a fun change to experience. I was in awe the first few months living in Oregon. I thought I was living in a "state park".

Katie said...

Kyli! Wow! Your house is awesome! I love that the forest surrounds you too! That's beautiful! I was thinking about how fun it would be to have the animals... then I decided against it. The rabbits, for example, leaving droppings that babies (like Jared and Porter) would like to pick up and maybe even taste. :( (You can tell what stage we're in) But still... you live in a beautiful place!

Missy said...

What a gorgeous house and a beautiful area! I am jealous!! Can't wait until we can buy a house.

Dixie said...

Wow. It looks beautiful out there!