Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Friends Visit

During the last weekend in October, I had one of the best visits ever!  My friends, Chelsie Irish and Kristi Thompson from High School, came to stay with me a couple nights.  Chels had a seminar for work so they thought they'd make a trip of it.  I wish they could have stayed longer!  First we visited the Martin Luther King sites, which I haven't done since we've lived here, but so glad we did.  What an inspiring man!  His quote (one of my favorites) from the picture below says "Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or the darkness of selfishness.  This is the judgement.  Life's most persistent and urgent question is what are you doing for others."  I love that - the best people I know are those who walk in endless service to others.  Both Chels and Kristi had heard they need to go to the varsity for lunch, so that we did!  It was my first time too, and I loved it!  We went to the Georgia Aquarium then stopped at the Coca-Cola shop to buy a few souveneirs.  I'm so glad that I got to spend at least one full day with a couple of my favorite people!

 

 
 
 

0 comments: