Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I caught a fish with my BARE HANDS!

Well, ok, I think the fish was really dying so maybe it's not quite the same! Ha, ha! Anyway, I just reached in the water and picked it up with both hands and it just kinda laid there. I thought to myself that perhaps this was a new defense mechanism...play dead?

This creek is behind our home and the kids and I fought the forces of the jungle to get there. We had to climb over fallen trees and break branches in our way. We jumped over big puddles of green muddy gooey stuff! Kalin even lost her shoe in it! Through it all, the kids love the walking in the water, jumping from rock to rock, looking for fish, and throwing rocks in.




4 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like fun and nice weather. Glad to see an update :) Hope you have a good Birthday tomorrow.

Kari said...

How fun! can't wait till we can see it all for ourselves!

Lisa said...

Wow, I didn't even know you had the creek running behind your house. Very cool that you trekked down to it. Maybe if you do it enough you will create a real path down to it. :) The fish is awesome too, even if he wasn't very lively!

Unknown said...

Great blog and nice pics!